Registered Dietitian Credentialing Process
Steps to Become a Registered Dietitian
Requirements for Registration are established by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). The present eligibility requirements include:
- Academic Preparation
- Completion of the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) didactic program in dietetics and a minimum of a Baccalaureate degree from a United State Regionally accredited college or university.
- A completed Verification Statement.
- Supervised practice requirements obtained through one of the ACEND accredited or approved experience pathways.
- Accredited Dietetic Internship
- Accredited Coordinated Program
- ISSP pathway
- Successful completion of the Registration Examination for Dietitians. Site locations can be obtained at http://cdrnet.org/program-director/act-test-centers.
- Missouri State Licensure can be obtained after successful completion of the Registration Examination. More information about State Licensure can be found at http://pr.mo.gov/dietitians.asp.
- Continuing education participation is mandatory for maintenance of registration. Dietitians must accumulate 75 hours of approved continuing education every 5 years.
- Verification of Educational Program
Upon completion of the Program for Dietetic Interns (see program completion requirements), the Program Director will issue to the graduate a Verification Statement that will be needed to apply for the national registration examination. Interns desiring to apply for the registration examination should contact the Program Director for information about the procedures required.