Costs involved in applying to the PDI
Pre-select applicants -
There is no application fee for pre-select applicants. See Application Process for required materials and additional information.
Computer match applicants –
Those interested in applying through the computer matching option should contact the program director after February 1st annually to inquire about available positions. See Application Process for additional information.
- The PDI program is using the on-line centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org. (NOTE: The DICAS portal won't be available until after December 8, for the Spring Match); e-mail DICASinfo@DICAS.org. The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application. An applicant video explaining the process can be found on the eatright.org web site http://www.eatright.org/ACEND/content.aspx?id=186 under the ‘For Student’ section or under ‘Resources’ at http://www.eatright.org/BecomeanRDorDTR/content.aspx?id=8147.
- Applicants must also register online for computer matching at www.dnddigital.com and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15. There is a $50.00 computer matching fee.
Costs involved in completion of the PDI
The intern will be responsible for costs involved in the completion of the program. Access to the internet is required. Estimated intern expenditures during the course of the program:
Fee, except where waived* $3000
*There is no fee for those interns who are employed by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services’ WIC Program or employed by a Missouri Local WIC Provider. A $3,000 fee applies to all other interns.
Textbooks and supplies $400
Professional liability insurance ~$100-$125
Student membership in Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics ~$50
RD practice exam or review course ~$450 + travel expenses
Cost of living: Intern is responsible for making their own housing arrangements for Jefferson City meetings, didactic sessions and other rotations necessitating temporary housing. When two or more interns are from the same area of the state or request the same area of the state for rotations and rotation sites will only take one intern, preference is given according to ranking of the intern during the selection process.
Apartment estimated at $500-$800/month
Motel estimated at $3000/eight weeks
Food variable, at the expense of the intern
Gas, vehicle expenses, automobile insurance: Reliable transportation is required. There may be a great deal of traveling (200 miles or more, round trip, per day). Travel will be greatly reduced for those interns willing to obtain temporary housing in each location of supervised practice.
Commission on Dietetics Registration examination fee ~$200
Lab coat(s) and uniform(s) $100
Medical tests and immunizations required by the affiliate sites include but are not limited to: (~ $300-$400)
- Physical examination
- 14 panel urine drug screen - negative results,
- Tetanus Diptheria (Td) or (Tdap), documented within 10 years,
- Mantoux Tuberculin (Tb) skin test, If > 2 yrs since last Tb test, need 2 Tb tests at least one week apart; Must be annually tested once every 12 months after initial 2 step testing.
- Varicella Vaccination, 2 vaccines 1 month apart or proof of Positive titer
- MMR positive titers or documentation of two immunizations (one after 1980),
- Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B status by immunization (series of 3) or Titer
Criminal background check required by the affiliate sites include but are not limited to:
- FBI Identification Record Request/Criminal Background Check ~$50
- Missouri Family Care Safety Registry ~$20
Any costs associated with professional organization meetings:
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: ~ $1200
*Missouri Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics MoAND: ~ $360
and/ or *WIC Conference (bi-ennial) ~$300
Health/medical insurance: varies
Interns are responsible for their own health/medical insurance.
*Attendance required at these conferences