Top Intern Applicants:
- Have outstanding communication skills.
- Show a desire to work with a diverse population in the public health arena.
- Have an enthusiasm for serving a community and demonstrate cultural awareness.
- Are prepared and know what dietetics and the internship is all about.
- Are known by their organization for having excellent internal and external customer service.
- Demonstrate team building and rapport.
- Have excellent performance evaluations including attendance and promptness.
- Work on written communication skills.
- Practice their presentation skills.
For additional tips, go to http://www.eatright.org/BecomeanRDorDTR/content.aspx?id=8147 and click on “Suggestions to Improve Your Chances at Getting a Dietetic-Internship Position”.