Each year, heart disease accounts for more than 15,000 deaths in Missouri making it the leading cause of death in the state. The term heart disease includes several more specific heart conditions. The most common heart disease in the U.S. is coronary heart which occurs when the coronary arteries, which supply blood to the heart, become hardened and narrowed due to buildup of plaque. Plaque may also rupture and cause blood clots that block arteries. Coronary heart disease can lead to a heart attack.
- Heart attack is an emergency!
- Signs of a heart attack
- Signs of a heart attack black & white printable poster - Spanish Version
- Signs of a heart attack color printable poster
- Know the Warning Signs of Heart Attack (women) PSA (Radio) (.mp3)
- Know the Warning Signs of Heart Attack (men) PSA (Radio) (.mp3)
- Know the Warning Signs of Heart Attack (AA) PSA (Radio) (.mp3)
Life Savers - Programs For You!
Live Like Your Life Depends On It
Information and resources to help Missourians live longer and healthier lives.
Organ & Tissue Donation
Learn how to join the Missouri organ and tissue donor registry.
Show Me Healthy Women
Early detection saves lives. Get breast and cervical cancer screenings.
Get access to health screenings and lifestyle education that can reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
Missouri Tobacco Quitline
Access to counseling, information and referrals for smokers who want to quit using tobacco.