November 14, 2011 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Thanksgiving Day Holiday
SUBJECT 2: Measuring Equipment at the DHSS Warehouse
SUBJECT 3: Updated Participant’s Rights and Responsibilities (WIC-10) (11-11 version)
SUBJECT 4: Shipping Plan for Baby Your Baby Health Keepsake books (#1081)
SUBJECT 5: FFY 2011 End-of-Year Billing Due December 9, 2011
- Thanksgiving Day Holiday: The State WIC Office will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 24, 2011 but will be open on Friday, November 25, 2011. If you have questions, please contact Mark Davis at Mark.Davis@health.mo.gov or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- Measuring Equipment at the DHSS Warehouse: The State WIC office currently has limited quantities of measuring equipment available. If your clinic is in need of adult height boards, infant length boards, infant or adult scales please contact your District Technical Assistance (TA) Nutritionist. Some items can be mailed; others will have to be picked up in Jefferson City. Your District Nutritionist can help determine how to transport. The equipment is used but in good working order. All scales will need an inspection prior to use.
Also available are a limited quantity of adult and infant balance beam scales, that you may not want to use in WIC, but may need for another purpose. Request these through your District Nutritionist as well. If you have questions, please contact your district TA Nutritionist.
Updated Participant’s Rights and Responsibilities (WIC-10) (11-11 version): The Participant’s Rights and Responsibilities form (R&R) was updated. The State office plans to ship the following items to all local WIC providers by December 15, 2011:
- Participant’s R & R - (bilingual, laminated) WIC-10-LAM
- Participant’s R & R – English WIC-10-EN-M (back-up form)
- Participant’s R & R – Spanish WIC-10-SP-M (back-up form)
Please begin using the updated Participant’s R & R (11-11 version) as soon as received.
Participant’s R & R in 15 languages should be available through the DHSS website by January 3, 2012. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
Shipping Plan for Baby Your Baby Health Keepsake books (#1081): During the week of December 5, 2011, the warehouse will begin shipping the Baby Your Baby Health Keepsake books to 69 local WIC providers who ordered the books via the order survey in August 2011. They will receive a maximum of 50 books. If your agency needs additional books or for those who did not complete the order survey in August, please fill out the Request for Literature form (DH 47) and fax it to the DHSS warehouse at 573-751-1574. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov. (ONE ATTACHMENT)
FFY 2011 End-of-Year Invoicing due December 9, 2011: The deadline for submission of FFY 2011 end-of-year invoices is Friday, December 9, 2011. Expenses must have been incurred prior to October 1, 2011 to qualify for the FFY 2011 funding year. The grant year will close the end of December and payments beyond this date are not possible.
SUPP1 Invoice due 11-10-2011
SUPP2 Invoice due 12-09-2011 – ABSOLUTE DEADLINE
Please contact your District Technical Assistance staff if you need assistance. If you have any questions, please contact Laura Weiler at 573-526-7901, or 800-392-8209, or Laura.Weiler@health.mo.gov.
List of Local WIC Providers Who Ordered Baby Books