September 27, 2010 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: 2010 Missouri WIC Conference
SUBJECT 2: Upcoming Holidays- WIC Help Desk
SUBJECT 3: Microcuvette & Analyzer Deliveries
SUBJECT 4: Revised WIC Supply and Nutrition Education Resource Request Forms (WIC 7 and WIC 8)
SUBJECT 5: Best Choice Tortillas – New Bags
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Cass County Nutritionist
- 2010 Missouri WIC Conference:
The Missouri WIC Association and the Department of Health and Senior Services WIC Program would like to invite you to join us for the 2010 WIC Conference October 25-27 with the theme of “Work Well, Be Well, and Live Well”.Please visit the new Missouri WIC Association website (http://mowica.org/) and follow the links to register on-line for this event. Our new site will be fully operational within the next few days with full conference details but the registration feature along with a Capital Plaza Hotel link are now LIVE. You’ll see that you can now pay electronically on-line if you choose via a secured connection through Eventbrite.
Event Location: Capital Plaza Hotel, Jefferson City
Registration Fees: $225 per person if registered by October 8, 2010 or $250 after with registration closing October -18, 2010.
*Includes 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, breaks, evening reception, conference premium and program guide.
Accommodations: Capitol Plaza Hotel, 415 West McCarty Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101.
*Room rates are $79.00 for single/double occupancy plus 10.22% for state and local taxes.
*Register on-line via our link or call the hotel directly at 573-635-1234 or toll free at 800-338-8088. Please tell the reservation desk that you are with the Missouri WIC Conference to receive your discounted rate.
If you have any questions please feel free to call or email Jim Wheaton, MWA President, at 816-404-9745 or Jim.Wheaton@tmcmed.org.
- Upcoming Holidays- WIC Help Desk: The State WIC Office will be closed but there will be WIC Help Desk coverage from 8:00-5:00 on Columbus Day, October 11 and Veteran’s Day, November 11, 2010. If you have questions, please contact Mark Davis at Mark.Davis@health.mo.gov or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- Microcuvette & Analyzer Deliveries: Agencies scheduled to receive a shipment of microcuvettes and/or analyzers should be receiving their shipment starting this week, September 27th.
Once you have received your order, please verify the number of microcuvettes and analyzers received with the number listed on the packing slip. If the number of microcuvettes/analyzers in the package is the same as the packing slip, sign and date the packing slip. Please fax the packing slip to Leslie at the State WIC Office (573-526-1470) within one (1) week of receiving the shipment. Confirmation on the packing slip is required in order for the State WIC Office to pay for the microcuvettes. If the number of microcuvettes/analyzers received is different from the packing slip, please call Leslie at 1-800-392-8209. If you are unable to locate your packing slip, please send an email stating how many boxes or analyzers you received and the date you received the shipment to Leslie.Worrell@health.mo.gov. Thank you for your prompt cooperation.
- Revised WIC Supply and Nutrition Education Resource Request Forms (WIC 7 and WIC 8): Please begin using the revised forms (WIC 7 and WIC 8) effective September 27, 2010. These forms will be available through the website during the week of September 27, 2010. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- Best Choice Tortillas – New Bags: Attached are images of new Best Choice Tortillas bags (Corn Tortillas and 100% Whole Wheat Tortillas). The new bags should be on shelves about the middle of October 2010. Please share this information with your staff and participants. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT Cass County Nutritionist: Cass County Health Department is looking to fill a part-time WIC nutritionist position. This position will require a minimum of graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in public health nutrition, dietetics, nutrition, foods, home economics, or closely related field, including or supplemented by at least 15 hours in foods and nutrition including at least 1 course in diet therapy and 1 course in community nutrition. Please contact Jenny Gladden at 816-380-8435 or email@example.com 300 S. Main St. Harrisonville, MO 64701.