October 13, 2009 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: H1N1 FLU Information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for Pregnant Women
SUBJECT 2: Flier Addressing Seasonal and 2009 H1N1 Flu
SUBJECT 3: Mead Johnson Nutramigen Products
SUBJECT 4: Plastic Sleeve Shipment Plan
SUBJECT 5: WIC Approved Food and Food Package Posters
SUBJECT 6: Revised Food & Formula Reference Guide (FFRG) – Effective October 9, 2009
SUBJECT 7: 2009 End of Year Billing is due December 10, 2009
- H1N1 FLU Information from the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control for Pregnant Women: The CDC has provided information on educating pregnant women about the H1N1 flu virus. A pregnant woman who thinks she has the flu should call her doctor right away to see if treatment with an antiviral medicine is needed. Please read this full article and share with your pregnant WIC participants and staff. If you have any questions, please contact Phyllis Fuller at Phyllis.Fuller@health.mo.gov.
- Flier Addressing Seasonal and 2009 H1N1 Flu: Attached is an educational flier addressing seasonal and 2009 H1N1 flu. The flier is from CDC. The State WIC office will not be printing this flier. Please use the flier as needed. If you have any questions, please contact Phyllis Fuller at Phyllis.Fuller@health.mo.gov.
- Mead Johnson Nutramigen Products: Nutramigen® AA™ LIPIL® is a hypoallergenic, amino acid-based formula for infants and toddlers with severe cow’s milk protein and multiple food allergies. Nutramigen AA, since it is a very specialized formula, is only available through retail pharmacies. Participants can find the Nutramigen AA at the WIC contracted pharmacies located in Wal-Mart, Schnucks, Kroger and other retail pharmacies. Please keep in mind that the pharmacy may have to order this formula and it may take 72 hours or more for the formula to be delivered to the pharmacy.
- Nutramigen LGG should be readily available at retail stores since it has replaced Nutramigen LIPIL
- Nutramigen LIPIL is not available any longer and thus removed from MOWINS
Contact your District TA Nutritionist if you have questions.
- Plastic Sleeve Shipment Plan: The State office plans to ship plastic sleeves on a quarterly basis. Local WIC Coordinators have received an e-mail message with a link to the survey monkey to answer questions about the plastic sleeves. Please complete the questionnaire by October 25, 2009. If you have any suggestions and/or questions, please feel free to contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- WIC Approved Food and Food Package Posters: The State office has extra posters:
- Laminated Poster (8.5 x 11”)
- Laminated Poster (11’ x 17”)
- Mounted Poster (20” x 30”)
WIC coordinators were sent an e-mail message with a link to the survey monkey asking about the desire to have these posters. If your agency is interested in receiving the posters, please complete the questionnaire and return to Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- Revised Food & Formula Reference Guide (FFRG) – Effective October 9, 2009:
The State office has received suggestions on the FFRG (Effective October 1, 2009) from local WIC providers. Please share with all LWP staff the revised version of FFRG Effective: October 9, 2009 with changes highlighted in yellow. If you have any suggestions and/or questions, please contact your TA Nutritionist.
- 2009 End of Year Billing is due December 10, 2009: The FFY 09 end of year deadline for invoices is December 10, 2009. Expenses must have been incurred prior to October 1, 2009 to qualify for the FFY 09 funding year. The grant year will close the end of December and payments beyond this date are not possible.
September Invoice due 10-10-09Please contact your District Technical Assistance Staff for assistance.
SUPP1 due 11-10-09
SUPP2 due 12-10-09 – ABSOLUTE DEADLINE