February 19, 2008 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Crystal Reports
SUBJECT 2: Breastfeeding Conference
SUBJECT 3: Revision 9 Nutrition Risk Factors-COMING SOON
- Crystal Reports: Additional reports have now been posted on the Crystal Reports website in PDF format. We will be posting reports each month and discontinuing the paper reports very soon after. Some reports may be posted before you are notified through WIC Updates so please check this website regularly.
If you do not have access to Crystal, please access the ASAP form through the WIC LWP homepage through the Data and Statistical Reports link.
Reports in PDF posted as of 2/13/08:
Contact your district TA team for questions on using these reports.
Contact Melissa Seaver at email@example.com for printing problems.
- Breastfeeding Conference: The Southeast Missouri Breastfeeding Task Force and Southeast Missouri Hospital are hosting a breastfeeding conference titled "Steps to Breastfeeding Success" on Friday, April 4, 2008 at the Drury Inn in Cape Girardeau. Amy Spangler, MN, RN, IBCLC, Marsha Walker, RN, IBCLC and Richard Flaksman, MD will be guest speakers. The conference brochure is attached or you can register online at http://www.southeastmissourihospital.com/education/seminars.aspx. For more information contact Cheryl Wormington at 573-270-5445.
Revision 9 Nutrition Risk Factors - Coming Soon
USDA has approved a new allowable risk criterion and updated two other risk criteria:
- New risk factor: Exposure to Environmental Tobacco Smoke (ETS);
- Updated risk factor: Maternal Smoking; and
- Updated risk factor: Nutrition Related-Risk Conditions.
The Exposure to Environmental Tobacco Smoke and Maternal Smoking risk factors will be assigned automatically, dependant upon responses to the questions in the computer system. Information will be sent at a later date detailing the risk factors, changes to the computer system, and changes to the WIC-1 and WIC-2 forms. The State WIC office will be informing the LWPs when these Risk Factors/Risk Factor Changes will be implemented. If you have any questions, please contact Vicki Strickland at Vicki.Strickland@health.mo.gov.
Agenda - Breastfeeding Seminar 4-4-08