November 5, 2007 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Program for Dietetic Interns
SUBJECT 2: Redesigned WIC Exit Counseling Handout
SUBJECT 3: WIC HANDS Changes Effective 11/13/07
- Program for Dietetic Interns: This is a reminder that the Program for Dietetic Interns (PDI) is taking applications for the 2008-2009 class year. Up to four interns will be selected from the pre-select option. This is advantageous for employees of LWPs who are eligible to participate in the pre-select option. The deadline for the pre-select option is December 31, 2007. There is no fee for those interns who are currently employed with the MDHSS WIC Program or employed by a Missouri Local WIC Provider. A $3,000 fee will apply to all other interns. Don't forget to use the "new" application form, which is required (see attached). The Dietetic Internship Recommendation form is also attached for your use. Website information is currently being revised and updated. Please check our website frequently for changes. If you have any questions, please contact Vicki Strickland at 800-392-8209 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Redesigned WIC Exit Counseling Handout: The WIC Exit Counseling handout (WIC 712) has been redesigned and should be available at the warehouse by December 31, 2007. Please feel free to make copies as needed. The current WIC Exit Counseling handouts (Cream Color) are still available in the DHSS warehouse. If you have any suggestions and/or questions, please e-mail Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- WIC HANDS Changes Effective 11/13/07: The following changes will be implemented on Tuesday 11/13/07 in HANDS:
- H401/H402/H403/H422/H423 screens - These screens will not allow a cert/recert record to be keyed with the same service date as the previous record. The end user will receive an error message "Duplicate Service Date".
- H423 screen - This screen is being modified so that an infant record can be updated anytime during the certification period. Currently, 90 days after the service date on an infant's record, the health assessment data (ht/wt/hd circ) is protected automatically. It will simply be unprotected from this point on.
- H651/H652/H653 screens - These screens are being modified so that if you are trying to print FIs for a Breastfeeding mom (B) record, the system will give an error message if there is an infant connected to that B record and the infant is not marked as "Currently BF". The error message will read "NO BF I". If the infant is still BF, the H225 screen must be updated to reflect this and then the B FI's can be printed. If the infant is not BF, the B record must be changed to an N (if less than 6 months from the delivery date) and then FIs can be printed.
If you would like a list of any B records with an infant not BF, please notify Melissa Seaver at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about these changes or if you see any problems once they are implemented, please contact the WIC Help Desk at 800-554-2544 or Melissa Seaver at 573-751-6489.