July 16, 2007 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Voter Registration
SUBJECT 2: Caseload Update
SUBJECT 3: WIC Reports – Update
SUBJECT 4: WIC HANDS Training - New Trainer
SUBJECT 5: HANDS Help Desk Coverage- July 30, 2007
SUBJECT 6: Extra Formula
- Voter Registration: The voter registration law and WIC regulations require local agencies to offer adult WIC participants the opportunity to register to vote. Voter registration cards (Missouri Voter Registration Application Form (WIC//MVR-1)) can be ordered from the warehouse using the WIC-8 supply request form. Registration applications can also be obtained from your local election authority. It is appropriate for agencies to offer assistance in completing the voter registration, to accept completed registrations and to transmit these to the local election authority. If you have any questions about voter registration, please contact your technical assistance team.
- Caseload Update: We have received the June 2007 caseload figures. Caseload continues to climb with services in June to 135,408 participants. The first 9 months of FFY2007 total caseload is 15,883 participants, or 1.34%, higher than the first 9 months of FFY2006. Thank you for your dedicated efforts to reach out to potential WIC participants and provide needed services. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Lyn Konstant at Lyn.Konstant@health.mo.gov or Jim Schindler at James.Schindler@health.mo.gov.
- WIC Reports – Update: We recently added two new WIC Reports on the Crystal Reports Enterprise server, bringing the total number of WIC Reports to 10. Information on accessing this site was in the WIC Updates, dated July 2, 2007.
The two new reports, both in a new folder named Prenatal Information, are entitled Prenatals by Due Date in Alphabetical Order and Prenatals by Due Date in EDC Order. Prenatals by Due Date in Alphabetical Order shows all active prenatal participants. It is grouped by month/year of the EDC dates then sorted in alphabetic order in that group. It lists the DCN, name, address and telephone number, the EDC date in HANDS and "plan to BF" field from the certification record. Prenatals by Due Date in EDC Order shows all active prenatal participants. It is grouped by month/year of the EDC dates then sorted in DCN order in that group. It lists the DCN, name, address and telephone number, the EDC date in HANDS and "plan to BF" field from the certification record.
Two existing reports were modified. No-Show Report- FI Pickup, in the Food Instrument folder, was improved by adding the participant’s telephone number. Guardian DCN with Recert Date, in the Participant Information folder, was improved by adding lines between participants to make it easier to read.
The updated listing of all WIC Reports on the site is attached. If you have questions or problems accessing the site, contact Mark Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- WIC HANDS Training - New Trainer: We are pleased to announce that Michael Murphy will be the primary WIC HANDS trainer beginning with the July 25-27, 2007 class. Michael and Melissa Seaver have been working together conducting the HANDS training since December 2006. Melissa will continue to be the backup HANDS trainer.
If you have questions about HANDS training, please contact Michael at email@example.com.
For training registrations, please contact Kaidy Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 800-392-8209.
- HANDS Help Desk Coverage- July 30, 2007: There will be no HANDS Help Desk coverage on July 30, 2007 from 9:00-3:00 due to a staff meeting.
If you have questions contact Mark Davis, email@example.com or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- Extra Formula (Attachments): A database listing unused infant formulas and medical foods is kept at the State WIC Office. With the implementation of the approval authority for many infant formulas and medical foods now at the local level, the State Office may not always know what is available in the local agencies. Please check the listing to utilize formulas with the most recent expiration date first, prior to placing an order, to help keep food costs down.
Attached is a current listing of extra formula available at different LWPs and guiding principles for shipping created to assist you when sending or receiving extra supply of infant formula. Please be sure to notify your district nutritionist or D'Anne Ward when you have unused formula available at your agency so it may be added to the database. If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact D'Anne Ward at 1-800-392-8209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.