October 17, 2005 WIC Update
SUBJECT: Breast Pumps
SUBJECT: Updated Missouri WIC Approved Infant Formulas, Exempt Formulas, and Medical Foods Reference Sheet
SUBJECT: Printed Food Package and Item Code Listing
SUBJECT: Translated Rights and Responsibilities (Master Copies)
- The Department has purchased breast pumps for the local WIC providers. The LWPS will be receiving their shipment within the next week. Each LWP will be receiving Harmony manual pumps, Lactina double pump kits, at least one Lactina Select electric breast pump and Harmony to Lactina conversion kits. The numbers of each of the pumps or kits were decided based upon agency caseload. Once you receive your electric pump(s), please record the serial number(s) on the form attached and return the form to the State WIC office. We will send WIC tag(s) to the agencies to be placed on the electric pumps.
The LWPs who have the Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Grant will be receiving additional pumps and kits, which will be sent from the State WIC office during November and are for educational purposes only.
- Attached is the updated Missouri WIC Approved Infant Formulas, Exempt Formulas, and Medical Foods Reference Sheet effective November 14, 2005. Issuing some non-contract formulas will no longer require State Nutritionist’s approval; however, using food packages will be required. Please avoid using OTH food package and SF ____ food packages for infants. Please remember to fax (573-526-1470) or mail the completed WIC 29 form (front and back pages) to the State WIC Office within 7 working days.
- During the month of October, the WIC State office will mail hard copies of the following printed reference materials to each local WIC provider:
- Updated Food Package Code Listing for Infants - Effective November 14, 2005
- Food Package Code Listing for Children and Women
- Individual Food Item Codes for “OTH” Food packages
New food packages for infants include: Partial Food packages for Gentlease LIPIL; and Food Packages to be used for issuing cereal and juices for infants and children whose formulas are directly shipped. Please begin utilizing the new food packages starting November 14, 2005.
If you have any questions, please contact Takako Tagami at 1-800-392-8209 or e-mail Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov
- The State WIC office is mailing to each local WIC provider during the week of October 17, 2005, a packet containing master copies of the translated Rights and Responsibilities for the following languages:
- Farsi (Persian)
In the packet, there will be two sets of Rights and Responsibilities. One to be used for certification for the Direct Entry agencies and the other to be given to participants along with the WIC Identification (ID) Folders. Please use the foreign language copies as master copies and make your copies from them. The State WIC office is currently working on printing the English and Spanish versions for Direct Entry available at the DHSS warehouse. We will notify you when these are printed and available at the DHSS warehouse. If you have any questions and/or suggestions, please contact Takako Tagami at 1-800-392-8209 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electric Breast Pumps Tagging.doc
Formulas and Medical Food to LW Prev rev.xls