Missouri Community Based Home Visiting Program
The Missouri Community Based Home Visiting Program (MCBHV) model utilizes nurses and paraprofessionals and provides intensive sustained visits and community services over a long period (2-3 years), with a small number of families. The goals of this program are to increase healthy pregnancies and positive birth outcomes, as well as decrease child abuse and neglect through home-based services, which provide assessments, education, referrals, and case management for Missouri families most at risk. The target population is specific for each individual site, but addresses the needs of families in the specific geographic area who are most at risk of infant mortality or morbidity, and child abuse or neglect. For information on the programs contact Ashley Jenkins at 573-751-6218 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The MCBHV program currently provides services in: Boone, Clay, Greene, Jackson, Maries, Mississippi, New Madrid, Phelps, Platte, Randolph and St. Louis counties, as well as St. Louis City.
Missouri Community Based Home Visiting Providers
- Boone County: Columbia Boone County Department of Public Health and Human Services, (Healthy Babies) 573-874-7361.
- Clay County: Cornerstones of Care/Healthy Families Counseling and Support Services, (Tender Beginnings) 816-508-1620.
- Greene County: Great Circle/Parenting Life Skills Center (Better Beginnings), 417-831-9596.
- Jackson County: Child Abuse and Prevention Association (CAPA), (Healthy Families Connection) 816-252-8388.
- Mississippi County: Mississippi County Health Department, (Tiny Touch) 573-683-2191.
- New Madrid County: New Madrid County Health Department, (Baby Steps) 573-748-5541.
- Phelps and Maries Counties: Phelps/Maries County Health Department, (Healthy Kids) 573-458-6030.
- Platte County: Platte County Health Department (Special Deliveries), 816-858-2412.
- Randolph County: Randolph County Health Department, (Baby Boost) 660-263-6643 Ext. 3020.
- St. Louis City, St. Louis County: St. Louis County Health Department, (Bright Beginnings) 314-679-7871.