Pregnancy and Beyond
- Give Us Your Feedback
- Related Links
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Benzocaine and Babies:
Not a Good Mix
Parents should consider risk of using oral gels and liquids for mouth and gum pain.
Pregnancy and Beyond provides important newborn health information and will help you track and record preventive health exams
The Pregnancy and Beyond website promotes prenatal and well-child care for all Missouri families.
While no one can guarantee a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby, there are some things that improve your chances of having a healthy baby:
- Start prenatal care early, as soon you think you are pregnant.
- Get regular prenatal care.
- Take folic acid supplements before, during and between pregnancies throughout the childbearing years.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco and drugs while pregnant.
- Breastfeed the baby.
- Place the baby on its back to sleep. Click here to listen to a message about safe sleep for babies.
- Encourage positive fathering as well as mothering.
Pregnancy and Beyond has helpful information on many topics. Whether you are a pregnant woman, father-to-be, new parent, grandparent, or community member who cares about families, this program is for you. Everyone has a part in influencing and supporting each pregnant woman in maintaining a healthy lifestyle while she is pregnant and in keeping the baby safe after it is born.