Test Result Reports
Patients’ Access to Test Result Report(s)
As a result of changes to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Rule 45 CFR §164.524, patients may now request laboratory test results directly from the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL).
To obtain report(s) of laboratory tests performed by the MSPHL, complete the Patient Access Form and the HIPAA Authorization for Disclosure Form found at the links below. Completed forms may be mailed, emailed, faxed, or dropped off at the MSPHL. For additional information regarding requests, please call the Patient Access Coordinator at 573-751-3334.
Missouri State Public Health Laboratory
101 N. Chestnut St
Jefferson City, Mo 65101
- CLIA Program and HIPAA Privacy Rule; Patients' Access to Test Reports
- Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) HIPAA Related Information
- Patient Access Form
- HIPAA Authorization for Disclosure Form
Retention of clinical laboratory result reports:
- If a patient was over the age of 14 when testing was conducted*, the result report(s) are kept for 6 years after the current year the test was completed. See HIPAA 45 CFR 164.501
- If a patient was under the age of 14 when testing was conducted*, the result report(s) are kept until the patient turns 21. See HIPAA 45 CFR 164.501 and 516.105 (3) RSMo.
Newborn Screening Laboratory Report Access Portal coming soon.
Approved healthcare professionals will have access to their patients’ Newborn Screening laboratory reports online using this web site.