State Public Health Laboratory
- MSPHL Southeast Branch Laboratory to Cease Water Testing Operations
- Change in HIV Testing Algorithm
- Spring 2014 edition of Beyond the Scope
- Updated Immunology Test Request Form
- NEW! Updated Guidelines for Evaluation of Severe Respiratory Illness
Associated with MERS-CoV
The Missouri State Public Health Laboratory is dedicated to promoting, protecting and partnering for health by delivering quality public health laboratory services.
About five million tests (many required by law) are performed in the MSPHL and one branch laboratory located in Poplar Bluff. Approximately 406,920 mailing kits are assembled and distributed each year for the return of specimens from hospitals and private laboratories as well as city, county and district health offices. The MSPHL also functions as a reference lab for medical laboratories in the state and confirms results or completes organism identification.