Data & Statistical Reports
Data collection for Missouri PRAMS began in 2007 and is ongoing. This Missouri Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS) 2007 - 2008 Data Report combines data from 2007 and 2008 for a comprehensive assessment of attitudes and experiences before, during, and shortly after pregnancy among Missouri women.
PRAMS Fact Sheets
- Gestational Diabetes During Pregnancy NEW
- Intimate Partner Violence Before and During Pregnancy
- Breastfeeding Inititation and Continuation
- Postpartum Depression
- Flu Vaccination Among Pregnant Women
- Kramer BA, Kintzel J, Garikapaty V. Association between contraceptive use and gestational diabetes: Missouri Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System, 2007-2008. Prev Chronic Dis 2014; 11:140059.
- Weiser TM, Lin M, Garikapaty V, Feyerharm RW, Bensyl DM, Zhu BP. Association of maternal smoking status with breastfeeding practices: Missouri, 2005. Pediatrics 2009; 124(6):1603-10.
- Garikapaty VP, Feyerharm R, Zhu B. Folic acid consumption among Missouri women in the periconceptional period. Mo Med 2008;105(6):504-9.
Selected Oral/Poster Presentations
- Garikapaty V. Missouri PRAMS, 2007-2011: A Summary. Presented to the March of Dimes Statewide Perinatal Conference, Columbia, Missouri, Nov 2014.
- Garikapaty V. Racial disparities in perinatal health outcomes: Epidemiology and beyond. Presented to the Missouri Bootheel Regional Consortium, Low Birth Weight Conference, Miner, Missouri, Apr, 2014.
- Garikapaty V. Preterm births and infant mortality in Missouri. Keynote address, to the March of Dimes Prematurity Summit, Columbia, Missouri, Nov, 2013.
- Garikapaty V. Preterm Births in the U.S. and Missouri: An Overview. Missouri DHSS, Epidemiology Grand Rounds, Jefferson City, Missouri, Jun, 2013.